Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lately

Let me give you a quick recap of the last few weeks, via photos.

Nick had a birthday.

Then there was an end of year party with the MBAs.

Then people donated school supplies to the Galileo School.

Then it hailed on us.

Then Nick's family came over from Thailand.

Then there was a party for us May babies.

Then Stacey & Bryan got married.
Then we had our last MBA Bible Study : (

Then Nick graduated!
Now we are getting ready to fly here.
It's been a whirlwind last month, but a great one. I'm so proud of Nick and his accomplishments, and I'm so sad to say goodbye to this season of our lives.  We have had the best group of friends that grew out of his grad school network, and I'm going to miss those who are moving away for jobs all across the country.

It's 4:33am on my birthday and I'm up, trying to finish the last minute details before we leave for 3 weeks.  I am so pumped to go back to Uganda. This time with Nick! How cool.  This will be a thoroughly draining and life-giving trip for us. Did I mention Nick and I are preaching to 300 people? Yeah, pray for us - cause we are gunna need it.  

So I've packed a couple books for the flight and plan to learn how to be a great foster mom on the long flights to and from there. Remember that application I was working on? Yeah, well I'm still not finished, but luckily I'm bringing the laptop with me & will work on it on the plane. I give you permission to ask about my application progress upon my return.  I need accountability. 

Any who, it's probably time I jump in the shower & head to bed. I've got a long 3 weeks ahead of me.
Toodles.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun and exciting month for you guys! Can I just say that your hair is UH-MAZING?! :) Praying for your trip and the new chapter in your lives. Can't wait to hear what God does in Uganda and through you and Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm exhausted reading all that ya'll did and that was just in a month? All you can do is hold on when God's hand is moving in life and his fingerprints are all over yours. I feel so privileged to have known ya'll and now I get to follow you in this journey! I hope you have a great birthday. My prayers will follow ya'll to Uganda and as you continue this foster process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to hear about the trip when you get back. Love you guys so much. I love the way you just keep giving and the Lord keeps filling you up to give some more. Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete