Thursday, December 8, 2011

The 1st Week

We've shared our home for one week with Little Olive.  It gives me goose bumps to think about God's  perfect timing. There have been people praying for her little life even before she was born. She's already found her way into our hearts and we just adore her.

Plus, she has the cutest piggies in the whole galaxy!  O.M.G. look at them. Scrumptious.

Being our first newborn, we've jotted down some new learnings.
Little Olive Toes

1) Too much milk consumption can result in a "milk coma"

2) Newborns squeak

3) Swaddling is the bomb

4) 4:00am seems different than I remember

5) Like my brother, newborns can fall asleep anywhere

6) They are portable

7) They fit in a Christmas stocking (don't worry, we did not hang said stocking above the fireplace with her in it)

8) Babies make even strangers smile

9) They also grunt

10) Newborn diapers are as big an an iPhone

11) Baby hiccups look violent

12) We never thought we'd be happy to see someone poop

13) Bottles remind me of Cheerios

14) People are generous. Within a week, this little girl who had nothing, has a full wardrobe, toys, blankets, baby carriers, diapers and lots people rooting for her.

15) My husband still makes me swoon (especially when he coos over a baby)

7 comments:

  1. Awwh Little Olive! What a love a dove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love newborns so, so much. Soak up these intense amazing weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your newborn observations! They're spot on! Can't wait to meet Baby Olive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!!! I love baby feet!! Soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this! Thanks for the insight and reminders, Jak!

    ReplyDelete