Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Guide to Waiting

While waiting for the "Call" I've been trying to keep myself busy and make the most of this precious time to get some things checked off my to-do list. Since we've chosen a life of waiting for these types of calls, I'm composing A Guide to Waiting. This way I will never again wonder aloud, "What shall I do until the children arrive?"  I will just go straight to my handy dandy guide for all the answers.

A Guide to Waiting: 1st draft
1) Make the drive to Wal-Mart & do some "middle of the day" shopping.

Zack Morris Timeout: While at Wal-Mart, I was first approached by a woman in the sock isle. She said she wants me to be a face model for her makeup parties. That sounds like code for drug parties to me. No thank you.
Then, in the pajama isle, I was approached by a man regarding his photography services. He must of heard I was an up-and-coming model who might need some portfolio shots. Watch out, I may have a new, face modeling career burgeoning.

2) Buy whole milk for the children. (Little Bird taught us there is no finer drink than whole milk)


3) Cook and freeze food for the upcoming holiday. Thanksgiving happens to be right around the corner, so I am going to cook and freeze as many items as I can before the kid-storm hits.

Before
After. There is a divider for regular & extra hot

This is my famous chipotle mac & cheese. That's right. I said famous. I tooted my own horn.

4) Get yearly Dr.'s appointments out of the way.
5) Sell pile of old books to Half Price Books. I took in 24 books and received a whopping $12.25 for them. woot!
6) Organize the garage. Brother and I hung the strollers on the garage wall. I'm so impressed.



7) Fix everything that is broken. i.e: the camera and vacuum
8) Eat out with friends. A lot.
9) Read
10) Schedule a hair appointment
Ombre Fall color? I think so.

11) Car maintenance. Just got not 1, but 2 oil changes and inspections. 

That's all I have for now...I'm sure I'll update the Waiting Guide as each day passes. 


4 comments:

  1. I like you. I especially like the face model offer... why not? :) also-chipotle mac and cheese!!! oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your waiting list! And the two encounters at Wal-Mart made me laugh out loud - not that you couldn't be a model though! I would like to add: hang out with the Mason fam to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do the ombre! And I need your mac and cheese recipe- sounds to die for!! Miss you every day lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting is never easy, but I pray that God would use this time to prepare you for the next batch of kiddos!

    ReplyDelete