Monday, November 14, 2011

Early Retirement

We are making a few changes around here....again.
After much deliberation and soul searching, we made the decision for me to resign from my public relations job and be a full-time foster mom.
We strongly feel foster parenting is our focus right now and we know we are extremely fortunate and blessed to be able to make this choice for our family.

Upon my last week of work, in classic Nick style, he threw me a surprise retirement party!
There were balloons, a purple retirement crown, and my little brother drove 3 hours to surprise me.


 I'm going to be honest, retiring at 31 is as awesome as it sounds!


3 comments:

  1. A retirement party-- I love it. I should have had one of those when I left out-of-the-home work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! And what a fun idea to have a retirement party...old lady :)

    ReplyDelete