Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Guide to Waiting: 2nd draft

Well folks, we're back....on the openings list. (see details here)

As you read in my Guide to Waiting: 1st draft, I'm keeping myself preoccupied by preparing for the next child that will be placed in our home. You know what they say, idle hands are the devil's tools, so I'm keeping my hands busy.

Behold, a Guide to Waiting: 2nd draft.

1) Make breakfast ahead of time:
I'm one of those people who wakes up hungry. Like tummy rumbling hungry. But with baby Olive in my arms & soon-to-arrive 2nd child, I will have no time to make breakfast for myself.
Solution? Breakfast muffins! biscuit + egg + sausage + cheese = Winner!

3 simple main ingredients (plus whatever meat you want)
Add to greased muffin tin

Voila! Breakfast of champions!
2) Eat out with friends....a lot. (Luckily baby Olive is a rock star & lets me drag her to restaurants all over town)


3) Super Organize: I'm labeling & organizing Olive's wardrobe so when #2 arrives, we will have room for a second wardrobe.
4) Visit family: Olive & I got away last weekend and went to visit all my wonderful family. I'm so appreciative and thankful for family who loves Olive as much as we do. Grateful.

5) Wash our stinky dogs. Sorry, Molly & Higgins, but it's true. You stink.  
6) Blonde is Back: Spring has sprung, and I have loved my darker hair color but it's time for a refresh for the new season. Time to go back to my "natural" color...
Lookin' good, Jak

7) Think about starting our taxes (interesting fact: if you have a foster child for 6 months are more, you can claim them as a dependent for that tax year).

8) Do laundry - turns out, this of something of a lower priority for me. I've worn the same pair of jeans for a few weeks now... don't judge.

9) There's talks of date night in the works. We'll see if this actually happens. (Nick, are you reading this???)


2 comments:

  1. My philosophy with jeans is that if they are not visibly dirty then they are not dirty haha - love that you are doing well with your little one and hope that #2 is on his/her way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this :) I'm thinking I need that receipe as well!

    ReplyDelete