Monday, March 14, 2011

Creating a Palate

Hello lovely readers,
D-day is getting closer and closer, and along with a mountain of paperwork and several to do lists, I'm mulling over the design for the kids room.  Truthfully, I'd rather contemplate fabric and textures then write essays about 'what my elementary and high school experiences were like'. (that's just 1 of what seems like 1,000 application questions I have to complete.)

Riddle me this -
What color combinations will be happy, soothing, stylish and most importantly gender bending?  If you've been reading this blog, you know we are going to be licensed for 2 kids, boys or girls, ages 0-5. The two kids will share our 1 guest bedroom. The room design must be able to swing from baby to toddler and from boy to girl and back again.

Like the rest of the modern world, I'm obsessed over the grey/yellow color combo.
I mean, am I right? Grey walls are totally delicious. Now, check out this fun find I spotted at a local store.
I wonder if I can make something similar?  I could even make it a storage bin! Ding, ding, ding!
So, today I'm running with a grey wall yellow accent sorta theme.  But if I know myself, I'm gonna change my mind a zillion times before an ounce of paint touches the wall.

Chime in if you have any other gender neutral color combos.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for the yellow and grey! Sophisticated, yet friendly and def. gender neutral! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Come design my house! The paper work is totally overwhelming...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous inspiration pics! I love the yellow and gray. Another gender neutral color I like a lot is orange, maybe really soft orange with creamy whites and chocolate brown, or a brighter orange combined with gray. For gender neutral rooms, I also really like the soft teals combined with bright white; we did our playroom in a teal like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE yellow and grey (w/ white and black in there). I've ALWAYS wanted to paint a wall (or whole room) canary yellow w/ black/grey gingham and toile thrown in. It my dream nursery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the grey with the electric blue. I love the tree stickers with the blue birds! Are you sure you weren't supposed to be an interior designer? You seem to love it and have an eye for it!

    ReplyDelete