Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm having an affair.

With a chair.

Since it's a bit quiet here on the home-front, I thought I would catch up on The Littles' Room design posting. 

Can you fall in love with a chair? Stupid question - obvi. 

If you've been following along, you've know about this ugly duckling. 
Goodwill Find!
Bolt of fabric or ramming rod?
With my faithful companion at my side, we found the perfect fabric and I called my favorite upholsterer. We needed a miracle.
I know what you're thinking? White? Isn't that a bit dangerous for a kid's room?
Yes, it is true. I have an obsession with the color white. And, yes. It is a dangerous choice. But I believe in the power of ScotchGard and the pull of beautiful design will always win over common sense. 

Behold, THE SWAN, in all her glory.
It's OK to stare. She's use to it.
The rocking chair is the center piece of the room and she is proud of it.

Stay tuned for the unveiling of the rest of The Littles' Room 

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that. I really love re-upholstering old chairs. The upholsterer I've used here in SLC does fantastic work but I wish he was less expensive so I could UPHOLSTER ALL THE SECOND-HAND FURNITURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I can't believe I know people who did this... btw we have that same Bible. Great minds... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! I totally want to do this!

    ReplyDelete