Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One week later

Little Bird,

You have been gone one week today.
It's been a hard week.
I hope you had a good week.I hope you've been happy and loved.
We've gone about our days; we wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed. We grieve in between the motions.
I see your car seat and toys and clothes. I think of you all the time.
I'm sad.  We're sad.
Little Bird, you taught us to be parents. For that we are forever grateful.
Even though we will probably never see you again, never know if you are safe or if you are well cared for - you will forever be apart of our story.
We are so lucky.
Thank you for flying into our lives. Thank you for captivating us.
We are learning to say goodbye. It's a new process for us.
We promise we will never stop praying for you.

We love you,
Us

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs! It's so easy to fall in love so fast, and so hard to grieve a child that isn't dead or lost, but just away where you can't see or know how they are. It's a whole different level of grief.

    I think it is especially hard when they are only with you for a short time, because so many people do not understand why or how you would be hurting so much. We had a little one for four months and his abrupt removal from our arms back into an abusive home was crushing. Everyone seemed perplexed as to why I was so devastated.

    Just take time you let yourself grieve how you need to grieve and don't let anyone minimize it. Write her a letter...you never know when she might come back into your life.

    I'll pray for the quick placement of a new little one to fill your time and be the bandaid on this new wound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys and am praying for sweet little bird. Wonderful to catch up the other day - can't wait to see who God has in store for you to love on next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just found your blog. I wanted to let you know you are thought of, and not alone. We had a sweet little man with us for 3 months. He taught us to be parents...

    I will pray your little bird is loved and healthy and happy.
    Well done good and faithful servant. Well done.

    ReplyDelete