Monday, February 21, 2011

Infant Consultations

Don't worry gentle readers, I haven't fallen off the map. I am alive!  I apologize for the lack of posting.  Mid-February is my busy season at work. I survived relatively unscathed and now I can focus on the blog again. Hip, hip, hooray!

This past weekend we had our first overnight baby guest in the home. As you know, we will be fostering ages 0-5 years. So there is a high probability that a tiny person will be placed with us. Thank goodness we have help. THE Mr. Seamus Hudson came to asses the milieu for baby friendliness. You may have heard of him. He is a renowned Infant Environment Consultant from the northwest. I pulled some strings and we were able to book him for the whole weekend.  (It also happens that he's my sweet 4 month old cousin)

He gave us some recommendations for improving our baby knowledge and the infant environment of our condo.  It was truly amazing to watch him work his magic. He's brilliant. Here are the key-learnings from his visit.

#1 Babies wanna be Bono. Always give baby appropriate sized eye wear.


#2 Babies wanna party. Always be prepared to dance battle... with babies. 
#3 Babies love leche, but not quatro leches cake. That's a no-no.


#4 Babies are popular and always run with a posse.

#5 Infants love an inside joke.  Tell them lots of secrets (then all will be revealed).




We also learned some new vocabulary.
Blarg - verb
1: to engage in regurgitating, spitting up.
example: "That leche was so hype, I had to blarg on the first mamasita I found!"
Moby - verb
1: to wear an infant as an accessory on the chest
example: "That shirt is great, but I think you are missing something.  I know. You need to moby. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Mr. Seamus brought along his super cool mom and dad.  They also gave us some great tips and tricks for nurturing brand new infants.  It was great fun hosting my family and I can't wait to see them again!

1 comment:

  1. if you'd like a test run with a 17th month old, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete